Valentines day craft
Valentine’s Day Finger Puppet
Valentine’s Day is fun holiday to decorate and have craft time with children. There are several different crafts that children ages 3-8 can do with a little help. With a little set-up, it’s easy for children to assemble an easy craft that is fun to play with as well.
One such craft is the Valentine’s Day Finger Puppet. To construct these finger puppets, you will need the following:
- Pink and red construction paper (sometimes purple goes well with these colors too)
- Scissors (for kids if they can cut, or adults will need to pre-cut the shapes beforehand)
- Plastic googly eyes (optional)
- Markers (preferably non-toxic and washable)
Instructions for One Puppet:
Cutting may have to be done beforehand by an adult before beginning the craft for younger children. The children can then assemble the pieces together and draw the faces onto the puppet.
- Cut one small and one large heart out, one color for the small heart, and one for the larger heart.
- Cut strips of paper for the arms.
- Cut extra small hearts for the hands.
- In the large heart, place it upside down and put one circle in each side of the heart (see photo).
- Assemble all the pieces together, gluing the hands to the arms, arms to the large heart, and the small heart right side up to the large heart.
- Create a face on the small heart, using googly eyes and/or markers.
There you have it! An easy Valentine’s Day craft for kids, ages 3-8.
Craft idea from Kaboose.com